21 February 2014

SAD STORY #5 by Alexandra Naughton

I don’t want to be your manic pixie dream girl or otherwise
I don’t want you to like my writing because you want to fuck me

I want you to want to fuck me because you like my writing

thinking a lot about being a girl on the internet / breaking me
cult of online personalities all so carefully manicured / curated
thinking what it means when a stranger says I’m their muse
thinking what it means when a stranger tells me when they jerk off to my profile photos

identity as masturbation fantasy

what is the point of sharing intimacies with someone who will cash out suddenly
what is the sense
what purpose did I serve
it is not important
but why would you think I could serve a purpose at all
and why would I be complicit

#

Alexandra Naughton is a Philly girl living in Oakland. She writes, edits the literary zine Be About It, and hosts a reading series in the Bay Area. Her first poetry collection, I Will Always Be Your Whore [love songs for Billy Corgan] was published by Punk Hostage Press in January 2014. Link for purchase: https://www.createspace.com/4560349

No comments:

Post a Comment